Would you like to join a group discussion about Fatherhood?
Following up last week’s first online meetup, I’m hosting another Zoom gathering this Friday, April 10. Again, it’s scheduled for 2pm UK time (6am on the US west coast, 10pm in Japan). Not ideal for everyone, I know, but let’s see how it goes.
- Please let me know in the comments below if you think you’ll be able to make it.
- The plan is to run the meetup for about an hour.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before, it’s best to download it before the meeting.
To join the meeting, click the link below. I’ve set it up so that there will be a virtual “waiting room”. This allows me to control who joins the meeting, and for everyone’s privacy, I’ve also set it up so the password “fathers” is needed to gain access, but it’s already embedded in the link below.
Meeting ID: 214-734-627
To start off with, I’m opening up the online discussion to fathers that I know personally. But ultimately, the group will be open to all, both men and women, and including anyone who was lucky enough to have a great father. After all, it’s never too late to learn from a good role model.
I hope that this meetup will get a slightly larger attendance than last week. But if it looks like the time slot is a problem for too many people, I’ll look at switching to a different time.
If there is an interest in keeping it going, we can look at topics such as:
- sibling rivalry
- coming of age (rituals)
- raising boys
- raising girls
- single fathers
- dating as a single father
- international families
- separation from your kids
- combining work and parenting
- personal development/finding time for yourself
- good books or online resources
- behavioural issues
- confidence in your parenting skills
Hope to see you there!