- What’s your earliest memory of your father?
- How well do you know, and understand, your father’s life story?
- What life lessons did your father pass on to you?
- In what ways did your father let you down?
- What would like to say to or ask your father right now that you never have?
- What is the greatest gift your father ever gave you?
- What do you struggle with as a parent?
These are the kinds of questions I put to people in the Father Lessons podcast.
I interview a wide range of people, asking them about their relationship with their fathers, lessons and wisdom they passed on, what they got wrong, what they got right.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do with me, let me know. I have a long list of prospective interviewees, but if there are people whose story you’d like to hear, or if you have suggestions for the kinds of questions you’d be interested to hear answered, do please let me know.
Stay tuned for this exciting aspect of the Father Lessons project.
In the meantime, check out our blog post about a BBC podcast that captures the essence of what Father Lessons is about.